Judgment in the Dros Rape case will be delivered on Monday next week, this after the parties presented their closing arguments in the High Court in Pretoria on Thursday.
Nicholas Ninow admitted to raping the then seven-year-old girl in the toilets of a Dros Restaurant in Pretoria in September last year.
Ninow admitted to being in possession of drugs and defeating the ends of justice. He pleaded not guilty to a charge of assault.
State advocate Dora Ngobeni argued that because Ninow didn’t testify, the evidence of the state witnesses and especially the eight-year-old girl must stand.
The victim said she was using the toilet when Ninow entered and raped her.
Ninow was found allegedly half dressed with the little girl in a toilet cubicle in the restaurant after she called for help.
A doctor’s report indicated her private parts were swollen, bruised and torn.
Ngobeni told the court that Ninow went to the restaurant with the intention of having sex with someone regardless of whether that person was a child.
Self-confessed rapist Ninow’s legal representative, Herman Alberts, told the court that the fact that he sat at a table close to the children’s playing area, does not indicate that he was preying on the children.
He asked the court to accept his client’s version that he acted on impulse when he raped the victim.
— Liela Magnus (@LielaMagnus) September 12, 2019
The post WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT- Judgement in Dros rape trial to be delivered on Monday appeared first on SABC News – Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader..