SABC Radio Park building safe for occupation

sabc radio park building safe for occupation - SABC Radio Park building safe for occupation

SABC News Radio Park - SABC Radio Park building safe for occupation

The Johannesburg Fire Chief and Emergency Services (EMS) has declared the SABC Radio Park building in Auckland Park safe for occupation following last week’s diesel leak.

The EMS and Fire Chief did a final inspection on Sunday. The building has officially been handed back to the broadcaster.

The SABC says its Radio Park staff should report for duty on Monday. The SABC has retired its backup generators, the source of Wednesday’s diesel leak.

A specialist cleaning company was brought in to mop up the diesel spill, which affected most of the fifteenth floor.

Diesel had also seeped into the lift shafts and was pooling at the bottom. Staff were immediately evacuated and told to remain at home until further notice. The Johannesburg Fire Chief conducted a final air sample and health and safety inspection before handing the building back to the SABC.

The broadcaster says the Wellness team will be standby for any health related issues when staff returns to work. Click below for more on the story: 


The post SABC Radio Park building safe for occupation appeared first on SABC News – Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader..

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*