Source: SA breaking news on Briefly
We are all surrounded by fast foods leaving us with little time to grab a recipe and prepare a delicious meal. Have you ever stopped to wonder how fast the food industry has gained status? Occasionally, I do. Amid these global dynamics in the industry, learning to prepare our favorite meals at home is a good practice. There are limitless recipes you can try and entertain your family members and friends regardless of the occasion. This article analyses explicitly some of the best mince recipes you should give a try in your next cooking experience. Most of our mince recipes South Africa are easy to prepare and only take few minutes to cook with proper ingredients in place. We have covered multiple mince recipes ideas to help you settle on the best dish.
Top featured recipes in our list include bolognese, lasagna, and traditional bobotie. Our savory mince dishes are resourceful and guarantee an excellent experience to all family members. It is crucial to highlight that there are several variations when preparing mince recipes. Read on to master these variations and learn how to make the most out of each mince recipe.
Easy recipes with mince
Recipes with mince are tremendous and limitless in their variations, which is one of the reasons why they are popular across the globe. South Africans are mainly known for preparing meals with mince recipes that are uncommon in other parts of the world. Let’s get down to some of the leading South African mince recipes that will likely thrill your gut.
1. Quick and easy cottage pie
This type of pie comes in different sizes; both small and big based on one’s preferences.
- 1 –finely chopped large onion
- 850g beef mince
- 30ml –sunflower oil
- 30ml Worcester sauce
- 10ml chopped garlic
- 50g Rhodes tomato paste sachet
- 500ml of prepared beef stock
- 15 ml dry Italian herbs coarsely ground pepper Salt
- 45 ml (3 T) milk
- 80 ml (⅓ C) butter
- 900 g potatoes, even sized cut pieces
- Two 410 g cans Rhodes Mixed Vegetables, drained Read
- Add oil and fry the onions until they turn golden and become soft.
- Add the mince and stir until it browns lightly. Then add Rhodes tomato paste, Worcester sauce, dried herbs, garlic and stock.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes for the liquids to reduce and thicken.
- Carefully cook salted potatoes in hot water until they become tender and drain them.
- Now add milk, mash and butter until you realize a desirable level of smoothness.
- Season to achieve a better taste with pepper then set aside.
- Add the Rhodes Mixed Vegetables to the heating mince then season and cover with the mashed potato for better taste.
- Bake the mixture in a preheated oven at a temperature of 180 ˚C for about 20 minutes when the baking turns golden and bubbly.
Read the end of the article at https://briefly.co.za/17795-10-easy-mince-recipes-south-africa.html