AngloGold Ashanti, B2Gold in deal over Colombia project

anglogold ashanti b2gold in deal over colombia project - AngloGold Ashanti, B2Gold in deal over Colombia project

SABC News Anglo Gold R - AngloGold Ashanti, B2Gold in deal over Colombia project

AngloGold Ashanti Ltd has entered into an agreement with B2Gold at its Gramalote project in Colombia that will see its Canadian joint venture partner raise its stake and assume management of the project.

AngloGold Ashanti says, as part of the agreement, B2Gold will fund investment and exploration to the value of $13.9 million at the project in 2020 in return for taking its stake up to 50%, and will assume management of the project in January 2020.

B2Gold currently owns a 48.3% stake with AngloGold, while Ashanti, which also has operations in South Africa, is holding the remaining 51.7%.

“B2Gold has proven itself a strong, experienced player in exploration, feasibility studies and project execution, which makes it an excellent partner for us,” says AngloGold Ashanti CEO Kelvin Dushnisky.

The post AngloGold Ashanti, B2Gold in deal over Colombia project appeared first on SABC News – Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader..

[addthis tool=addthis_relatedposts_inline]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*